9/29/PM Balloon Ride and Weather Update for coming Weekend

Wednesday PM was a good evening for flying, kinda the calm before the storm. We had an unexpected wind out of the West for the flight. Usually, with weather coming up the coast, the wind will be either out of the southeast or southwest. But, the winds were lite and the sky was mostly clear. We flew 2 couples, one from Mahopac and the other from Marcy, which is near Utica.

Will & Diana from Mahopac and Patty & Nelson from Marcy

Will & Diana from Mahopac and Patty & Nelson from Marcy

Well, we went from a precipitation deficit to a surplus for the month of September in one day. We will have our flights on hold for Saturday to give the area at least a day to dry-out a bit from all the rain on Thursday and Friday. We hope to be up flying on Sunday. The forecast looks to be dry for a couple of days, at least through the middle of the coming week. The foliage should be peaking this week, so if you want to fly with peak fall foliage, this will be your week to do it. Call, we still have some space available.

This is how the fall foliage was looking on my 9/26/AM flight from 2,000 ft.

This is how the fall foliage was looking on my 9/26/AM flight from 2,000 ft.

Comments are closed.